Pocatello, ID & Idaho Falls Visitor Center Mission

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

50 Above and Freezing

Dear Familia, 
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
So...it's official! I am training! My new companion is Sister Gray from Gilbert, AZ...how weird?! Haha. She's actually originally from Russia and was adopted and brought to the states when she was about 10. She is incredible...it's nice to feel like I have a best friend as a companion. We work so well together and she really loves the work. I love her so much. 
Sister Rodriguez and Sister Gray
  

Sister Rodriguez and Elder Bebee 
Poor, poor Sister Gray... I have been keeping her SO busy that she hasn't even had time to unpack or anything... Oops. :) 
Yes, Ma! Lindy Kelly's grandpa is actually in one of the wards that I cover...isn't that silly?! We like to talk about Skippy...what a stinker. 
So the other day while I'm working in the VC I got a phone call from my zone leaders and they called to tell me that they just saw uncle Jordan at Five Guys! SMALL world! I love Uncle Jordan...he is such a good man and a wonderful example to the rest of the family. 
UNFORTUNATE NEWS: Sister Gray and I no longer have a car and now we are always on foot...I guess you could say that I'm a little scared for the winter...YIKES. It's already starting to cool down a lot and it's freaking me outttttt!
Want to know something funny, Ma? Sister Linford is sitting next to me right now. :) We are dying because we just saw a picture of the Gilbert temple and it looks so beautiful!  
How is Seattle?! I am SO jealous that you are there right now! I LOVE WASHINGTON SO MUCH! Please tell everyone that I say hello! Especially that sweet Tom...I love him dearly. 
The work is really good...all of our investigators are continuing to progress and we actually have a WHOLE entire family that we are teaching now! They are amazing! We are always super busy and I'm thankful for that. There is so much work to be done always. Sometimes our investigators fall through and drop us and it's really hard on us as missionaries because we just want them to have what we have...but then I read Alma 26:27 and it helped me a lot. It's during those times that we are down...that Heavenly Father will reach out to us and comfort us. TRIALS BUILD US UP IF YOU LET THEM.

I love all of you so much and you are all in my thoughts and prayers. 
Xoxox. 
Much love, 

Sister Rodriguez