Pocatello, ID & Idaho Falls Visitor Center Mission

Monday, September 16, 2013

"...be not afraid, only believe."

My dear mama, family & friends,

Hey, it's me again...are you sick of me yet?!

This week has been really wonderful because most of our time was spent in the Visitors' Center. I LOVE THE VISITORS' CENTER and I'm going to shout it from the rooftops WOOOO! But honestly, the people come to YOU and want to learn more about the gospel and nothing brings me greater joy than being able to share that with them.

GOOD NEWS: Your prayers have worked! LeAnna is getting baptized this week and we are so extremely excited for her. This decision is going to change her life for the better and she will be a pioneer to the rest of her family.

Her experience reminded me of the scripture in Alma 32:16...It quotes "Blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is [she] that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without stubbornness of heart..."

It's amazing how LeAnna has chosen this path for herself and no one else and hasn't let the opinions of her family members persuade her to go against what she knows to be true.

Moral of the story is...NEVER BE AFRAID TO DEFEND WHAT YOU KNOW IS RIGHT AND TRUE.

Okay, so now for some sad news...

This week I found out that I will be going home to have some surgery done. I will most likely be out from the mission for about 4 months for recovery but EVERYTHING IS OKAY.

I REPEAT, EVERYTHING IS OKAY!

Take it from Bob Marley..."Don't worry...'bout a thinggggggg CUZ EVERY LITTLE THING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT!"

(Excuse me if all the words are wrong.... the MISSIONARY VEIL makes it impossible to remember anything! Mom...who was I before the mission?!?! Did I have a name other than Sister Rodriguez or did I just imagine that?)

I don't know if anyone remembers, but in my farewell talk I shared a scripture that I hold very near and dear to my heart.

D&C 6:36 "...doubt not, fear not." That scripture helped get me out here on the mission, and now it will give me the strength to have peace with departing it for a time.

And yesterday as I was studying... I came across so many scriptures that have brought me peace. I hope at least one will be comforting to someone reading this as well.

Joshua 1:3

 "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee WITHERSOEVER THOU GOEST"

and Mark 5:36

"...be not afraid, only believe"

I want all of you to know how much I love this wonderful work! And there is NO TRIAL that we can't endure with the help of our Heavenly Father and our gracious Savior! We are so loved, we are so blessed...the hard part is recognizing it.

I have complete confidence and trust in the Lord and his timing. There is a reason that I am being sent home for a small while...I have yet to find out what the reason is, but I have faith! And that's what it's all about right?

2 Corinthians 5:6-7 says it all

"Therefore we are always confident...for we walk by faith, not by sight"

BAM BOOM BOOM!

And there you have it folks, WALK BY FAITH ALWAYS.

I love you all. I'll be seeing you soon, and I appreciate all the love and support. Stay strong!

Xoxox.

Much love and appreciation,

Sister Rodriguez