Pocatello, ID & Idaho Falls Visitor Center Mission

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

First week at the MTC!

My dearest Ma & family!

WOW. Just WOW. I cannot believe that I have been out here for a whole week now! Time is flying, but in a very weird way. Its true what they say that the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I don't have much time, but let me try and update you the best that I can!

First, off thank you so much for all the emails and letters and packages! It has been so wonderful to see how much support I have and what great friends and family I have! You are amazing, thank you so much for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers...I can definitely feel them.

So here's the craziest news I could possibly have for you...my companion is SISTER ALISON LINFORD! What are the chances of that even happening! She is so amazing and it has been a crazy fun experience, we just love each other so much and it has been an overall wonderful experience. Okay, so the first day in, Sister Linford and I were called to serve as the sister training leaders of our zone! So we have about 20 girls to take care of and it is so great, we really love all of them. But it is a lot of work because we always have meetings to go to and a whole bunch of rules we have to go by and blah blah blah...

I saw Brent Hakes and the Allen twins a few times, it is so nice to see people that you know! It has been so weird, though- only being able to shake their hands and whatnot.

ATTENTION EVERYONE. I did NOT I repeat did NOT bring my phone! Hahaha, I have received so many emails about that! (Tell Ma to check behind the drivers seat in the BMW in that pocket thing). It should be in there.

5 more minutes. Lets see what I can squeeze in here.

I have been pretty sick for the last few days (don't worry, mom...I'm fine) so I ended up finally having to go to the Health Center to get some treatment and everything but now I am feeling much better and I am back to working my hardest! (SO EMBARRASSING TO GO TO HEALTH CENTER)

On the 4th of July we are going to have a special program where we get to watch fireworks and stuff, it is supposed to be a lot of fun...so we cannot wait for that!

Let me tell you a little bit about the MTC. It is hard work but in totally different ways than you would ever expect. It is hard to wake up early, to have a schedule that literally gives you ZERO down time, and to always be with your companion. Well, the companion part hasn't been hard for me because we just love the heck out of each other. But that has really been the most difficult part because it is hard to stay awake sometimes.

NO TIME LEFT.

Okay, next week I will tell you a little about our experiences with our investigator and everything! Thanks for the letters, keep them coming because they help me so much! Mom, I love you and thank you for writing me every single day. You are so amazing, and I miss you so much. Tell the family I love them. Give Tristan and Ashdon hugs and kisses.

LOVE EVERYONE AND BE NICE TO EVERYONE. DOUBT NOT, FEAR NOT.

But seriously, be nice to everyone and love them because I have learned by doing that, I am a much happier and better person for it. I'm really learning what it means to love someone, so just work on it!

Love,
Sister Rodriguez