Pocatello, ID & Idaho Falls Visitor Center Mission

Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 2 in the mission field!

Ma, family and friends!
Hello! Week two out in the field, can you believe it?! I may or may not still be in shock... I'll let you know.
This past week has been really fun but VERY busy! On Friday we had a baptism for a girl named Alexis. She is 10 and just the sweetest thing in the world. I really love her family a lot! Yesterday Sister Lemons and I set a baptismal date for a 15 year old girl named LeAnna! She is just A GEM! I love her! Her mom is going to start coming to discussions with her, so we are very excited for that. I know that she will be a pioneer for her family and be able to set the example.
I forgot to tell you that I was in Rexburg for a baptism last week! That's so funny that Uncle Jordan was in Mesa while I was in his hometown. SWAPPED. Anyway, I meet so many people that know them! Everyone has nothing but nice things to say about that sweet family. Tell them to come visit me when they get the chance. :) By the way, how is Grandma Busby doing?
OKAY, don't freak Mom. But the SCARIEST THING happened to me and Sister Lemons the other day. Here's our story...enjoy.
I don't know if I told you but we are staying in the basement of a member's home, but the family has been out traveling Europe for the past month so I haven't met them and Sister Lemons and I have been living alone in this big house. Anyway, I was sleeping and then Sister Lemons woke me up in the middle of the night and was just like "Sister, wake up!" I woke up and was horrified because I was listening to the footsteps of someone walking around upstairs. I shot up out of bed and went to look out our bedroom door to see if I could see anything. All the lights were on, so I asked Sister Lemons what time it was and she was like it's 3 AM! That freaked us out more than anything because who on earth would be up at 3 AM?!?!? Right?! So we sat there and contemplated what we should do because we are basically boxed in downstairs and there wouldn't be much of a way to get out except the staircase that led straight to the footsteps that we were hearing. So Sister Lemons called the police and told them that someone was in the house. My heart was pounding, but at the same time I knew that we were going to be okay. Anyway, long story short...the police came to the house and guess who the MURDERER was! None other than the homeowners... :) Major oops, right?!?!? Hahaha! They had forgotten to inform us that they were coming home from their trip early so we weren't expecting them at all! Hands downs scariest moment of my life! Now I just need to buy some pepper spray. But anyway, it was super funny because I had never met the family before and it was basically like this,
"Hi, Pace family! Welcome home! We're sorry that we called the cops on you....by the way, I'm Sister Rodriguez. Nice to meet you." A W K W A R D.
Here's a funny story. So the members feed us dinner (we sound like pets) every night. The other night we had this really great dinner and for dessert they had pistachio ice cream and Sister Lemons HATES pistachio ice cream! Hahaha, but the family just kept giving her scoop after scoop and I was seriously dying of laughter because I know how much she hates it. Hahaha, but she's a champ and ate all of it!
So yesterday I got a phone call from a sister in our ward who is actually out here in Idaho! It was Sister Wendy Pugmeyer! She says she is going to come visit me at the VC, so I am super excited for that!
The sweet Ruttinger family sent me a really nice package too and I have been getting lots of letters from friends and family so it has been great! Mom, do you know where my brother Ryan is living right now? And if so, can you send me his address?
I love you all so much and thank you for all the support and love! It helps me more than you know! I love the mission, it's awesome and I'm growing every single day! Until next time... Cheers.
Xx.
Love,
Sister Rodriguez

PS, tell Uncle Jordan and his fam that Seulbee Lee was in my district in the MTC and we roomed together...They know her! Hahaha, small world!
 Sister Rodriguez and Sister Linford with Elder Stones and Elder Cockriel while at the MTC