Pocatello, ID & Idaho Falls Visitor Center Mission

Monday, August 5, 2013

Heavenly Father, I was only kidding!

My sweet Ma, family, and friends,

Hello, hello, hello! Sister Rodriguez here!... Now for a weekly update on yet another amazing week.

First things first.

Jordan and Melanie came to the Visitors' Center to visit me! I was eating dinner when one of our VC sisters said that someone was waiting for me in the lobby. I walked out and instantly began to cry because it was so great to see family and know that life really exists outside of the missionary world. That sounds silly, doesn't it? WELL IT'S NOT SO DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME. But in all seriousness, it was so great to see them! Jordan really uplifted me a lot and he somehow said everything that I needed to hear. I am so grateful for him and his sweet family. I love them a lot, and it was such a tender mercy to get my call and know how close they would be. Heavenly Father knows what He's doing, doesn't He?

Uncle Jordan, Sister Rodriguez and Aunt Melanie

ALRIGHT. GET THIS. The average weight gain for my mission is 40-50 pounds. Yes, you read that right. FOURTY TO FIFTY POUNDS! Let me just tell you...I used to say I wanted to gain weight because everyone used to make fun of me because I couldn't get over 100 pounds...but boy has that story changed... I eat like 8 meals a day and it's amazing how much food I can put down. Mom, you thought I ate like a man before I left...multiply that by a solid five and you get me...THE BEAST. I was only kidding when I said I wanted to gain weight, Heavenly Father... Why must you play such harsh jokes on me? ;)

So Saturdays in the Visitors' Center are always hard for us sister missionaries because we all just huddle up and look out the windows and can see all the beautiful brides and we all just get depressed and cry (not really, but really). But seriously, they all look so happy and we're just sitting there like,

"CAN YOU NOT RUB YOUR HAPPINESS IN OUR FACES, PLEASE!" Seriously, it's like rubbing salt in a wound. Geeeeeeezzzz. But we love it, it's so much fun to watch them take their pictures.

MOM, the new sister that is serving in our ward (Arizona), Sister Rios, was in the MTC with me and we had Visitors' Center training together! You'll have to have them over for dinner or something! I love her! She practically speaks every language known to man... it's crazy. Okay, maybe not EVERY language... PS, can you ask Sister Younce how Bob is doing and see if he is progressing at all? I think about him a lot, especially because I got to teach him the first lesson with Sister Younce before I left! He's a gem. A total gem.

We have two baptisms coming up this month, and two of our investigators have been coming to church and firesides and all that jazz! We are so amazed with how much the work has been progressing here. It's hard sometimes because there are so many members, but we really have to seek out those who we can share the gospel with. There is a young man in one of the wards that we are over who has been wanting to serve a mission but hasn't been able to for some issues. This is his 3rd and final attempt in going and Sister Lemons and I are set on getting him out in the field! He's really so great and he has this amazing nonmember friend who was at Adam's house when we went to visit, and he is starting to take discussions so we are sooooooo excited for that! It's been an amazing week. Tender mercies everywhere.

Oh, and before the senior couple at the VC has a heart attack....go like the Idaho Falls Temple Visitors' Center page on FB. I know you don't have an FB...but...maybe it's time to make one. You will if you love me, anyways.

So is it too soon to start a Christmas list? I'm only kidding...(not really).

I love all of you so much, and I am so grateful for the stacks of letters that I get each week! It's so great to know that I have so much support. Keep strong. I love, I love you, I love you. Godspeed. 

Xoxoxox.

Love,

Sister Rodriguez