Pocatello, ID & Idaho Falls Visitor Center Mission

Monday, August 19, 2013

I Love Visitors!

My dear sweet Mama and family/friends,

Hello! How's life in good ol' AZ? Can you believe that I have been out for two months now?! I just can't believe it. Sometimes I feel like I just got here and other times I can't even imagine my life before this. It's crazy, really. I'm still trying to make sense of the time.

This week we got a new investigator and she is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I love love love her! Her name is Kristina and she is 22 years old. Talk about GOLDEN! This girl is so great. She has been investigating the church for quite some time now, but her family isn't exactly supportive of it. Her father is a preacher for another church, so she doesn't really tell him that she is taking the missionary discussions. She has had a really really hard life, so she is living right now with a lady named Tia and her family. She met Tia through work...they are both Zumba teachers. You better believe me and Sister Lemons are having morning workouts with Kristina! She is getting us in really good shape. She makes us use these things called Kangoo boots....look them up. They're hilarious. We are pretty much just an embarrassment, but it's fine. You gotta do what you gotta do, right?!?!? But anyway, Kristina is really excited to have sister missionaries now...she said that she feels like she finally has friends as well as missionaries that she can trust. I love her so much.

I HAD TWO SETS OF VISITORS THIS WEEK!! Woot! Woot! The first visitors were Wendy Pugmeyer and her sweet husband. We had a really good time chatting about things and about the mission...and then I got to show them our newest art exhibit that we just got in. The artist is named Annie Henrie and she is absolutely amazing! Her technique is so unique and she has a very medieval/renaissance feel to her work. I love it...it reminds me a lot of the artwork you see in Europe :)

On Saturday, I was SO surprised when Summer, Hayden, and sweet baby Avery walked into the VC! I know they don't live too far from where I'm at, but it was such a blessing to be able to see them. Mom, Avery is BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely beautiful. We had 16 wedding parties coming through the VC that day, so it was packed! And there were kids and babies everywhere. I was feeling a little sad because it made me think a lot of Peanut and Gibby and how I just want to hold them! Or any baby for that matter. As missionaries...we can't do that but I got permission to hold sweet baby Avery and it was such a tender mercy to me. I couldn't help but cry. I want the whole family to meet her, I just love her!

Prayers have been answered and Sany is getting baptized on Saturday! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers. I am so happy for Sany, and I think he's ready to take this leap of faith and put all of his trust in the Lord! YAY FOR SANY!

I've had quite a few interesting experiences this week. But I'll share one quick one with you. Two girls around the age of 20 came into the VC on that busy Saturday. I was walking out of one of the offices when one of the girls grabbed me and asked if she could talk to me, and I almost felt like I've known her and I knew what she needed to talk to me about. So we went and sat down and we started to get to know each other a little bit. I found out one of them, Kirsty, was from South Africa and has been debating on whether or not to serve a mission. Her main concern was that she was feeling inadequate and a bunch of other things and I was just sitting there like, HOLY COW. You are a blonde, South African version of ME!!!! We talked for about an hour, and I started to share with her some of the talks that were shared with me in my time of confusion and some things that helped get me here. After a little while, she started to cry. She told me that I was just the person she needed to talk with her to get that same spark and that same feeling back that she had when she decided to serve. She asked if she could keep in touch with me so I gave her my info. I feel like I've known her forever. She is planning on submitting her papers very soon and I look forward to hearing where she is going! Heavenly Father truly does put people in your path that you can help if you are doing what's right. Obedience is key.

I HAVE NEVER EATEN SO MUCH IN MY LIFE. Yesterday Sister Lemons and I had a lunch and two dinner appointments all right after the other! I WAS DYING. I've never been so full or felt so sick...but one of the families is Filipino so you just HAVE to clear your plate...no questions asked. Speaking of food....Guess what Mom? I make my companion breakfast sometimes! (Please, don't look so shocked!) Yep, believe it or not…I can cook. I'm still in shock, too. Don't worry.

Also, Sister Brinkerhoff has asked me to sing at zone conference next month so yay for that! I'm really nervous! YIKESSSSSSSS.

I love you, I love you, I love you. Thank you for everything you do! You're all in my thoughts and prayers! Have a wonderful week. Xoxox.


Sister Rodriguez