Pocatello, ID & Idaho Falls Visitor Center Mission

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week 2 at the MTC!

Ma, family, and friends!

HELLO! Another week gone in a blink of an eye! I really cannot believe the way time flies here. I'm loving every single second and there is NEVER a dull moment with Sister Linford. She's always running into something or tripping over something and I'm just behind her laughing my head off. She is HILARIOUS.
So everyone is wondering what we did for the 4th of July! We had a really amazing devotional and then we watched one of my all time favorite movies...17 Miracles. Don’t worry, I cried the whole time. It makes me realize every single time that I watch it that I need to FORGET MYSELF.  After that we had ice cream...Sister Linford and I were like 5 year old girls with how excited we were over the ice cream. Embarrassing, I know. Then we watched fireworks with about 5000 other missionaries and we even got to stay up past our bedtime! COOL RIGHT. It was great.

So I sang in the choir with Sister Linford for the devotional the other day..it was awesome! The topic was "Act Well Thy Part" and it’s so true. Whatever you are, a father, a mother, daughter, sister, friend, be the best you can be in whatever role you play! It will change your life and make you an overall better person!
Oh, and Mom...don’t die but....I may not be coming home until 2015. Sister Linford and I just received the news and laughed for like an hour straight out of pure shock and devastation. But we love it here, haha! Don’t get me wrong! There is no place I would rather be right at this moment because I am growing with each and every day!

Okay, so I have been humbled A LOT. And I'm realizing that I can’t just rely on myself for everything and that I need to seek the Lord's guidance in ultimately all that I do and it is helping me grow so much. I need to work on it, and I'm getting better.

So there is this guy in our district that is the biggest jokester and he absolutely drives me crazy because I can never tell when he is joking or not! But the other day he came up to Sister Linford and I in all seriousness and told us that we are his favorite sister missionaries because we work the hardest but we have the most fun. That touched us a lot because we really have been trying to give it our all and keep our heads up when it gets hard...and we appreciated that someone noticed it.

Mom, I need to ask you huge favor. There is an elder in our district that hasn’t even received one letter since he has been here and his birthday is coming up on the 16th of this month! It makes me so sad because I know that I have so much support and I always have a pile of letters waiting for me. But I was thinking it would be really nice if you wrote him a small letter with words of encouragement and maybe you could send him a small birthday package with some candy or something in it. I will send you his mission address. It would really mean the world to me, and I know it would to him as well.

I love you all so much and I am so thankful for all the love and support that I have been getting! I will try and respond to as many letters as I can in good time! I love you, I love you, I love you.

Xoxo
Cheers.

Love, Sister Rodriguez